March 15, 2008

All Lies, All These While

I have always believed that one day I will be able to use where I am as a stepping stone to get into the world of ad agencies.

I have always thought that something greater awaits me, over there, beyond yonder hills.

I used to say to myself, that I would do anything, ANYTHING for Ogilvy's brood of firms, if I ever got the chance to work for them.

Surely there are territories out there that are simply lying in wait, that only I can conquer! Surely...

Alas! It is time to face life's cold reality. Truth hits you with a phang. Truth shackles you to risks and figures. Truth laughs in your face and shatters the dream you've been holding on to all these years. Truth is no friend of mine.

In time, I will forget the pain. In time, I will move on. But until then, the angst smolders from within. And there is nothing much that I can do about it.

No comments: